Flexible Minds are working with an award-winning sign-writing company to recruit an experienced Sign Maker.
The successful candidate will be working closely with the existing team designing, manufacturing and installing external and internal signage, retail signs, wall art and vehicle wraps. Using traditional and contemporary sign writing skills the company is recognised for its innovative and creative approach and works with companies all around the UK, including several major brands as well as working with independent retailers and entertainment venues.
The ideal candidate will have
- At least 3 years industry experience.
- Good attention to detail
- Be proficient in Corel Draw, Adobe Suite and V Carve
- Proficiency in the application of vinyl onto a variety of substrates, including vehicles
- Experience of light fabrication works (make aluminium composites trays, flat cut letters on CNC or laser and prep sign boards)
- Good design skills
- Manage workflow using plotters, wide format printers, CNC and Laser
- Full driver’s license
- Traditional signwriting skills would be advantageous but not essential as training will be given.
- IPAF/PASMA accreditations desirable
Working Hours: Full Time although for the right candidate part time or reduced hours will be considered. There will be the occasional need to work outside of usual office hours to accommodate installations that are further afield or when needed to minimise operational disruption for clients.
Location: The office and workshop are based in Central Birmingham. There is free parking at the office.
Salary: Circa £18,000, depending on experience. Pro-rata if reduced hours.